So I have 2 days left on my vacation, then it’s back to the real world and really working. A good thing that I can think of about going back: I did have to get caught up on all the little piddly shit that was sitting around on my desk before the vaykay started, so I’ll pretty much have a clean start on Wednesday.
But anyway– there are a few things that I’ve figured out over the last several days (some more serious than others):
- I could do very well with about a month off from work. However, the week has shown me that I can get things accomplished if really put forth some effort.
- If I just wrote out everything that I have to talk about from those years being a kid in E.R., it would be an extensive memoir. Who would have ever thought a person could say that about that place? Certainly not me when I was living there…
- Having a maid would be great. The number of household chores that pile up in a house of just one person is amazing.
- Even when you buy Oakley frames for your prescription glasses, they don’t include the hard case. No joking.
- I haven’t watched a football game from start to finish since last year. I know this is going to sound nuts, but I got so used to watching tons of baseball over the summer, a football game seems REEEALLY LONG. I think the key comparison is the way the sports are televised. The NFL, being such a TV-driven enterprise, has very frequent TV commercial breaks, and halftime takes a while… It’s just a different sort of sport, I guess.
- Speaking of football, beating Charlie Frye means nothing. Yes, there were a lot fewer penalties this week, but against that Seattle team, all you had to do was not shoot yourself in the foot. Possibly losing two more defensive players isn’t good for the banged-up Packers…