Had a good afternoon/evening up in Sheboygan with Petters yesterday. We re-watched the 10 episodes of BSG, season 4.0. There were a couple moments where we both said, “oh yeah, I forgot that that happened,” and I think we both enjoyed the opportunity to freshen the whole series in our minds again. Counting down the days to the “season” premiere on 1/16, then, here are a few questions that I would like to have answered before the series wraps in 10 more ep’s.
Caution to those of you who haven’t see the show yet but might be interested in doing so at some point– there may be some spoliers herein. Caution to those who don’t give a crap: this is an exceedingly geeky post.
- Obviously, who is the Last Cylon? We both noted (and I had forgotten) that D’Anna told Roslin and Adama that the fifth Cylon “[was] not in the fleet.” So, of course, you have to decide if you want to believe her first, then having done that, who would a shocking, yet familiar Final Face be? Keep in mind, with the Cylons ability to resurrect only recently trashed, the field is wide open, even to the “deceased.” A few possibilities (all “not in the fleet”): how about Billy, Zak Adama (don’t ask me how that would work), Joseph Adama, Admiral Cain, or Kendra Shaw? I think the smart money is on Zak.
- Almost as obvious, what happened to Earth, and when did our heroes arrive there? Is it the past, the future, an alternate present? It’s going to be very interesting to me to see how that shakes out. I’m also really curious to know when and under what circumstances the Final Five had been there before.
- Has Kara Thrace fulfilled her destiny as the cause of mankind’s destruction (maybe her earlier visit to Earth somehow triggered the destruction that they later found there), and if not, will she, and if so, how will that happen?
- What is “the truth of the opera house”? I still have no frakkin clue what the real meaning of this vision is. Sub-question: what will Baltar’s final role be? Will it be one of redemption, or will he cement his place as the bane of his own species?
- The issue didn’t feel that vital as the first half of season 4 wrapped, but as I ponder it, what is the implication of Caprica Six’s pregnancy? I mean, what we’re looking at there is a 100% CYLON CHILD, conceived by natural human means. Could this child be an even greater harbinger of things to come for the Cylons than Hera Agathon, the human-cylon hybrid?
Looking forward to the premiere next Friday– I’ll be out of town on that day and won’t able to watch it, but you can bet I’ll be catching it on the web as soon as I’m able…