Here’s a clue: probably the one that never changed the default SSID.
I am now relocatified to Ardmore Ave in Shorewood. I’ll have my own Internets rokkin out tomorrow, but for the time being, I thought I would give it a shot, to see if I can entertain myself this evening. Not that I don’t have enough to keep me busy, but I figure I’ll get sick of putting stuff away at some point.
Right now, I have to stand at the laptop in the living room, cuz this is the only place where I can get a stong enough signal, and there are no chairs in here yet. A few initial comments and observations, though:
- I was first planning on trying to make this move unassisted. That would have been a mistake; I’d only be half done at this moment if I had. It was good to have assistance from Joe and Christy and Jen.
- I have given the ghetto Wal-Mart on Capitol Drive two fair chances. But the place is a dive. I’m going to have to do that sort of shopping elsewhere. Someplace NORTH of my building.
- I can hear the neighbors on the stairs, but it’s not too big a deal.
- My linen closet is freaking huge for a 1-bedroom apartment. It reminds me of the one that Grandma and Grandpa Bock had up north, but full-on floor-to-ceiling.
- Nice to have wood floors again.
OK, I need to at least finish putting the bathroom together before the end of the day…